-Twitter is set to punish those who spread misinformation about COVID-19 – As a result of this, the company has introduced a strike system
– When a user violated the platform’s rules for the fifth time, he or she would be permanently banned Some people who are in the habit of spreading misinformation on Twitter might have their account banned when they venture into COVID-19 lies.
According to the social media giant, the company will start labelling misleading tweets about COVID vaccines.
Twitter said it has introduced a “strike system” that will gradually escalate to a permanent ban after the fifth offending tweet, Aljazeera reports
“We believe the strike system will help to educate the public on our policies and further reduce the spread of potentially harmful and misleading information on Twitter,” the San Francisco-based company said in a blog post.
Here are the ways in which the strike system will work
1. Strike 1: Twitter users will be notified when a tweet is labelled as misleading or needs to be removed.
2. Strike 2: Account will be blocked for 12 hours
3. Strike 3: Account will be sidelined for seven days.
4. Strike 4: Accounts permanently suspended.
Leave a Reply